ARDINA AdBlue can be used in all standard AdBlue systems to reduce the amount of NOx. By injecting the AdBlue during the exhaust phase of the internal combustion engine before reaching the exhaust catalyst. A reaction takes place between the NOx and the Urea, which results in unharmful nitrogen (N2) and water vapor (H2O (g)). A sensor in the exhaust catalyst measures the amount of NOx and injects between 3 - 8% of AdBlue into the exhaust gas, depending on the levels of NOx measured in the exhaust gasses.
Handling instructionsAdBlue is not a toxic, poisonous or dangerous liquid. However, there are some points to take into account when working with it.
- Never add or mix extra water content to the AdBlue mixture.
- Do not add the AdBlue to your diesel, it is not a fuel additive.
- The AdBlue has to be kept pure and can not be contaminated with other components.
- Do not use any IBC, drum, jerrycan or other container that was used for other chemicals before.
- Do not clean the IBC’s or other containers you’re going to use with microfiber cloth. The fibres of the cloth can damage the nozzles of the SCR system.
- Keep out of direct sunlight or away from extreme temperatures, the urea in the AdBlue starts to decompose at 60°C.
- Prevent freezing. It has a freezing point of -11°C.
H2N-CO-NH2 (CAS 57-13-6 / EINECS 200-315-5)
Solution of Urea in water.
Product quality is according to ISO 22241-1 standards and CEFIC guidelines concerning NOx reduction additives.
Clear, clourless liquid.
Urea content 31,8 – 33,2 % wt.
|Density (20°C)||1,0870 – 1,0930 g/cm³|
|Refractive index (20°C)||1,3814 – 1,3843|
|Alkalinity as NH3||max. 0,2 %|
|Biuret||max. 0,3 %|
|Aldehydes||max. 5 mg/kg|
|Insolubles||max. 20 mg/kg|
|Phosphate (PO4)||max. 0,5 mg/kg|
|Calcium (Ca)||max. 0,5 mg/kg|
|Iron (Fe)||max. 0,5 mg/kg|
|Copper (Cu)||max. 0,2 mg/kg|
|Zinc (Zn)||max. 0,2 mg/kg|
|Chromium (Cr)||max. 0,2 mg/kg|
|Nickel (Ni)||max. 0,2 mg/kg|
|Aluminium (Al)||max. 0,5 mg/kg|
|Magnesium (Mg)||max. 0,5 mg/kg|
|Sodium (Na)||max. 0,5 mg/kg|
|Potassium (K)||max. 0,5 mg/kg|
Can be obtained in bulk, IBC’s, drums and cans. Other packing is available on request.
Storage temperature minimum shelf life
< 10 ºC 36 mnd
< 25 ºC 18 mnd
< 30 ºC 12 mnd
The safety data sheet is available on request.